WHIRL/WET HOME / WHIRL/WET SPECIFICATIONS / SCHEMATICS / CHART / WHIRL/WET VS. BAGHOUSE
WHIRL/WET APPLICATIONS: LEATHER & TANNING / STONE & MARBLE / METAL FINES / LEAD BATTERY / POLISHING & PREPLATE / COSMETICS / FERTILIZER MANUFACTURING / FOOD / PHARMACEUTICALS /
Whirl Wet Dust Collector Systems
for Dusts Above 3 Micron
WHIRL WET DUST COLLECTOR SPECIFICATIONS
The Whirl Wet dust collector is a submerged split orifice type dust collector with twin opposed
fixed blades that create a centrifugal motion to the gas stream. The entrained liquid is separated
from the gas stream by an integral chevron or mesh pad mist eliminator as air flow exits the vessel.
Sludge must be removed periodically or continuously from the drain at the bottom of the hopper.
The Whirl Wet dust collector can be fabricated from homogenous, virgin-grade, UV-resistant
polypropylene homopolymer, mild steel, 304 stainless steel, 316 stainless steel, mild steel, or PVC.
Units are hydrostatically tested at the factory. The maximum temperature rating for polypropylene
units is 180°F. Standard design for all units is to 20" of negative pressure. Total pressure loss for
the dust collector is 8". Higher operating pressures are available.
Bolted access ports are provided for inspection of the interior and removal of the mist
eliminator elements. Gasket made from closed cell PVC foam is provided. Hardware is
316 S.S. maximum bolt torque 10#.
The Whirl Wet dust collector is designed for particulate 3 micron and above.
This Specification defines the design requirements, the quality and types of workmanship and
materials, and the performance standards and guarantees for equipment, materials and services
supplied by Tri-Mer Corporation.
The vendor (Tri-Mer Corporation) furnishes the Whirl Wet dust collector with auxiliaries and
options described herein. The system includes but is not limited to the following:
- All dust collector internals necessary to provide adequate liquid-process stream
contact in order to achieve dust collector performance.
- Mist eliminator to achieve entrained liquid separation.
- Flanged connections for all external water fill, water makeup and drain piping
as required and optioned.
- Controls if optioned, to automatically feed make-up water, control liquid level,
monitor pressure, operate sludge ejector and or discharge timed drain down from
the Wet Dust Collector.
- Complete shop coating of required areas with Tri-Mer Coat or resistant paint
for external surfaces.
3) DESIGN REQUIREMENTS
- This wet dust collector is a medium energy type collector. Internals are equipped with a
fixed-position dual opposed blade system and be designed to prevent the buildup of solids.
- The Wet dust collector shell is manufactured from polypropylene, stainless steel or
mild steel. Vendor evaluates materials and selects the most appropriate material for
this service. Hastelloy also available.
- The Wet Dust Collector shell is provided with access ports / doors to allow limited access
to the internals of the unit. The Dust Collector shell shall be equipped with flanged pipe
connections for the introduction of fill and makeup water as well as drainage.
- The Wet Dust Collector is equipped with a corrosion resistant lower reservoir section
which is designed to prevent solids accumulation and allows for ease of drainage and
discharge of slurry.
- The Wet Dust Collector is equipped with a high efficiency (95% @ 15 micron and larger)
mist eliminator of the chevron blade type. Material for the mist eliminator is PVC
(polypropylene, stainless steel also available).
- The fan is manufactured from (FRP, mild steel, stainless steel), or a material
equally suitable for the environment.
- The fan and motor shall be designed for a static pressure capability of at least the 8" pressure
drop through the Dust Collector plus external pressures for the customer's ductwork losses.
- Sound levels generated by the Vendor-furnished equipment during normal operation are at
or below 85 dBA-weighted, slow response, under free field condition, at a horizontal distance
of 10 feet from the surface of sound generation.
- The Vendor as optioned will furnish silencers.
- Vendor will provide electric motor drives for each fan. Vendor is responsible for the
selection of the motor characteristics and the motor mounting.
- All electrical equipment provided by the vendor will be supplied in NEMA rated enclosures.
- Equipment manufactured by Tri-Mer Corporation is warranted under the standard
Tri-Mer Corporation one-year warranty. All purchased components are warranted under
the respective manufacturer warranty.
4) STANDARD SUPPLIED COMPONENTS
Standard purchased components furnished on the Tri-Mer Corporation Whirl Wet Dust Collectors
are as follows:
- Gems Level Switches, #19375 factory mounted for high and low alarms.
- Dwyer Photohelic differential pressure gage for level control, #3015.c)
Hayward or equal manual valves for water fill.
- ASCO or equal electrically actuated solenoid valves for auto water fill.
- Schedule 80 PVC plumbing.
- Vinyl tubing with traps for differential pressure connections.
5) COMPONENTS SUPPLIED BY END USER
- Tie downs, guy wires, anchor bolts and foundations.
- Field assembly.
- Field wiring.
- Fresh water and drain piping to supplied 150# flanges.
- Mating flanges to customer connections, hardware and gaskets.
- Interconnecting duct. (See Options).
- Heat tracing and insulation.
6) WET DUST COLLECTOR OPTIONS
- Electrical Control Panel: An electrical control panel with NEMA rated enclosure and fused
main disconnect switch. Designed for 460 volt / 3-phase - 60 hertz electrical supply. Internal components of the control panel are pre-wired and terminal blocks are provided for connection
of external control components to be done by contractor. A motor starter to operate the exhaust
fan with pushbutton controls mounted on the front of the enclosure. Power lines to the motor
must be furnished and installed by the installation contractor. Electrical devices are designed
and built in accordance with the National Electric Code (NEC). No other codes, standards,
or specifications are followed unless a specific agreement has been obtained in writing.
- Timed Drain Down: Periodic draining of sludge from the bottom of the hopper can be controlled automatically by components supplied in this package. A pneumatically-actuated butterfly valve
is provided for the hopper drain connection. The frequency of opening and the interval during
which the valve remains open are controlled by adjustable timers which are mounted in the
control panel. If a control panel is not optioned, the components are mounted in a J-Box on
the Whirl Wet. A pressure regulator with lubricator with gage, solenoid valves and ball valves
are provided for the air line to the actuator. Air piping is not supplied.
- Equalizer Option: The Tri-Mer Corporation trade mark Equalizer continuously drains liquid out
of the hopper, while simultaneously keeping the proper level in the Whirl Wet.
- Corrosion Resistant Liner: (Mild Steel Units Only) Whirl Wets fabricated from mild steel can
be coated with a coal tar epoxy liner. This coating has excellent adhesion characteristics,
superior abrasion resistance, and provides excellent corrosion resistance.
- Top Mounted Blower: This option allows space savings by locating the blower on top of the
wet dust collector. This package includes;
- Steel channel frame with vibration isolators or rails.
- Interconnecting duct.
- All hardware for connections
Download Whirl Wet Dust Collector brochure. Español
Have a potential wet dust collector application? Contact Tri-Mer
View/print in Acrobat pdf format: Whirl Wet Dust Collector brochure.
See our Dust Collector Q&A Page for more information.
WHIRL/WET HOME / SPECIFICATIONS / SCHEMATICS / CHART / WHIRL/WET VS. BAGHOUSE /
APPLICATIONS: LEATHER & TANNING / STONE & MARBLE / METAL FINES / LEAD BATTERY /
POLISHING & PREPLATE / COSMETICS / FERTILIZER MFG / FOOD / PHARMACEUTICALS /
HOME / ULTRATEMP HOT GAS FILTRATION / CCS FOR SUBMICRON PARTICULATE
BOILER MACT / WHIRL WET WET DUST COLLECTOR / TRI-NOx SCRUBBERS
VERTICAL FLOW SCRUBBERS / CROSSFLOW SCRUBBER / TANKS / COMPACT AIR FILTERS
Select by Trade Name / Select by Need / Literature / Articles – Cloud Chamber /
Press / Q&A / Awards & Alliances / Reps / Contact / Product Catalog /
News / Conference Talks / Industry Events
1400 Monroe Street • P.O. Box 730 • Owosso, MI 48867; USA
Phone: (989) 723-7838 • Fax: (989) 723-7844
© Copyright 2012 Tri-Mer Corporation